Platform Operations Engineer (Zug, Switzerland)HELP
|Beschreibung:||Platform Operations Engineer (Zug, Switzerland)|
|Firma:||SKILLFINDER INTERNATIONAL - Firma bewerten|
|Salär:||zu verhandeln CHF - 40 Std/Woche|
Tasks: Platform Operations Engineer (Zug, Switzerland)
As a member of our Operations team, the Platform Operations Engineer will help in addressing the operational needs of a mixed on-premise and cloud Linux environment.
In this role, the person is expected to have knowledge of DevOps tools, an understanding of block, file, and object storage technologies, and have a strong background in Linux System Administration and Operations. They have excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. The person should have a passion for automation and learning new skills and technologies.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Strong operational skills, with the ability to work with end-users to understand requirements and resolve trouble tickets.
- Drive consistent standardized solutions across IB for all hardware, software, configurations, and processes.
- Implement tools and processes for the efficient and effective operational management of the environment - change management, monitoring, alerting, etc
- Schedule and provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary, to perform high-risk or planned downtime of IB's data center systems for upgrades and maintenance.
- Participate in permanently eliminating issues through automation and engagement with Platform Engineering teams on more complex projects.
- Interact with internal teams to provide solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to individuals of various technical ability
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of Linux System Administration or Operations
- 2+ years of experience in Scripting or software development
- Familiarity with AWS or another cloud provider preferred
- Strong experience with DevOps tools and automation, including familiarity with CI/CD pipeline concepts, Docker, orchestration and configuration management (Ansible, etc), git
- Experience with storage protocols and technologies such as S3, EFS, EBS, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Fibre Channel
- Able to handle pressure during outages and systematically resolving issues
- Experience being tasked outside their training, willing to take on and learn new technologies
- Experience in Python Scripting.
- Solid understanding of host, network, and cloud security concepts
- Strong background in Linux administration. Understanding of core Linux concepts and technologies (LVM, system, memory/CPU/network/disk management, and troubleshooting, Bash Scripting, Kernel tuning)
- Understanding of standard services and protocols (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory/LDAP, SSH, SNMP)
- Understanding of current monitoring concepts and tools ( Prometheus, New Relic, Datadog, etc.)
Andere Job Angebote
- Verkaufsberater/-in fÃ¼r ElektrohaushaltDipl. Ing. Fust AG
- Leiter Content- und Channelmarketing (m/w)Pax Verwaltungen AG
- Specialist Quality AssuranceMibelle AG
- IT-Applikationsentwickler (w/m)Sage Schweiz AG
- Software Engineer (m/w), .NET + AngularAbraxas Epsilon
- Liftmonteur (m/w/d), Region Thun / Berner OberlandSchindler AufzÃ¼ge AG
- Senior FrontEnd/.NET Developer (m/w)Repower
- Praktikant/-in im Bereich KÃ¼cheAlterszentrum Adlergarten
- Mitarbeiter/-in Kasse/Kundendienst, 40%Media Markt AG
- IT System-Spezialist/-in, LinuxVisana Services AG
- Immobilienbuchhalter (m/w)Regimo AG
- HR Business PartnerCoop Trading
- Zeichner/-in, Ingenieurbau / HochbauHTB Ingenieure AG
- Night AuditorVolkshaus Basel AG
- Full Stack Engineer (m/d/w)Swisslog AG
- Sachbearbeiter, ElektroplanungNay Engineering AG
- Praktikant (w/m/d)20 Minuten
- Mitarbeiter Radsatzmanagement Operations (w/m/d)Wascosa AG
- Sales Consultant (w/m)Swarovski Boutique
- Projektleiter (m/w), Vor- und BauprojektenAtmoshaus AG