- NextLink Solutions
Software Engineer - Development - Test - Integration - Quality - Pharma - Basel - Switzerland
NextLink is having an existing position as a Software Engineer for global projects in Basel, Switzerland.
- Start date: 01.04.2019
- Latest start date: 15.04.2019
- Duration: 1 year from original start date
- Extension: Not planned yet, but possible.
- Work location: Basel, CH
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: Possible 1 day per week, prior approval needed.
- Travelling: Initial 1-2 weeks off-site training -most likely in US- may be required (tbd).
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- The applicant should have an ability to independently write code to:
* Link third-party applications through integration scripts.
* Create automated tests that call RESTful APIs.
* Parse text files and write file manipulation and input/output routines.
- The successful applicant will create and execute well-structured test plans to identify and document quality issues and defects
- He/she may assist with the evaluation and integration of additional imaging-related software solutions, as well as general technical support, problem solving and troubleshooting.
- +5 years of experience with similar tasks (focus on software development with testing experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- General understanding of medical imaging (focus on DICOM) and knowledge of medical imaging visualization and processing packages
- Coding experience in at least one appropriate language for automated testing (eg Python, Java, Ruby).
- Prior experience with automated API testing (especially RESTful APIs) and UI test automation
- Knowledge of common textual file formats used in software configuration and deployment (YAML, XML, JSON, CSV etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, create and execute test plans and cases in a fast-paced product-oriented environment.
- Good general IT hands-on experience of Linux and Windows.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
Nice to Haves:
++ Previous experience in implementation of medical image (PET,CT,SPECT,MRI) data processing, segmentation and visualization techniques
++ RDBMS and SQL (eg MySQL, Oracle or PostgresSQL)
+ Basic usage of cloud environments (eg AWS)
+ Basic usage of GIT and/or CI tools (eg Bamboo/Jenkins)
+ Knowledge of JIRA and agile project methodology
+ Coding knowledge in system Scripting (BASH, Powershell etc.)
For a chance to work in Switzerland as a Software Engineer please call me or send me your CV as soon as possible!
IT sourcing specialist