Associate in Pharmaceutical Technical Development - Particle Lab
- NextLink Solutions
Behind every presentation of each product sold by Roche is the involvement of Pharma Global Technical Operations (PT). Starting with Phase 1 of the development process and continuing through to product maturity, PT makes medicines at sites around the world and includes more than employees worldwide.
The Department Pharmaceutical Development & Supplies in Pharma Technical Development, Biologics Europe (PTDE) in Basel supports the development of parenteral drug products from Phase 1 up to Launch. Activities encompass formulation and manufacturing process development for parenteral drug products for all clinical stages and the market, the transfer of product and process to commercial manufacturing sites, commercial product support, line extension development and drug product supplies for preclinical and clinical studies (Phases 1-3).
In this specific position as an associate/senior associate in Pharmaceutical Development & Supplies (PTDE-P) , you will be part of the PTDE Joint Particle Lab working closely with the Department "Analytical Development and Quality Control Biotech Europe (PTDE-A)". The Particle Lab is responsible for the analysis, identification, and characterization of particles in parenteral dosage form.
The ideal candidate is a junior profile with proven experience in analytical development and particle analysis to join a dynamic team. We are looking for someone with a strong team spirit who is ready for a long term project in industry, eager to learn.
- Start date: 02.03.2020
- End date: 2 years duration
- Extension: possible
- Work location: Basel Main site
- Team: Joint lab with members from PTDE-A and PTDE-P focusing on particle analytics
- Department: MMDEPC
- Template: CH_Junior Global Studies/Study Associate_LSW_CHF
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Characterization and identification of visible and non-visible particles in biotechnological active substances and their dosage forms.
- Maintaining efficient and timely analytics, results interpretation and documentation to support formulation and process development or root cause investigations
- Evaluation, introduction, and further development of new technologies/methods for particle analysis and support of innovation projects in this area
- Together with the group members and representatives from other departments, planning and monitoring of the work packages
- 2 years' experience in analytical development and a practical experience in particle analysis.*
- Experience in validation of analytical methods.*
- Proven professional experience in the field of biotherapeutics and protein/particle analysis.*
- BSc/MSc in a life science discipline (egbiochemistry, biology, pharmacy, chemistry or equivalent) or vocational scientific qualifications (eg apprenticeship as a Chemical or - Biological Laboratory Technician, Pharmaceutical Technical Assistant).*
- You are dynamic, proactive, and have an excellent team spirit.
- Good IT skills (including word processing (MS Word/gDoc) and spreadsheets (MS Excel/gSheet)
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
Nice to have;
- Experience in GMP environment