- RM IT Professional Resources AG
Data Engineer/Java vacancy requiring profound SQL knowledge for a globally operating Lausanne based company in the IT sector.
- Background in Java, SQL, relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience in big data platform coupled with building and optimising 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets as well as in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes along with competency of Hadoop, Spark and Kafka
- Practice in building processes supporting data transformation, metadata, data structures, dependency and workload management as well as of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Working knowledge of stream processing, message queuing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores
- Competency in operating in an Agile and DevOps environment along with setting up continues integration and deployment process
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases, bash Scripting, GIT SVN, Jenkins and deployment tools like Nolio paired with object-oriented, object function Scripting languages such as Python, Java, C++ and Scala
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Establishing and maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assembling large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements
- Specifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements including automating manual processes, optimising data delivery and redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability
- Collaborating with the infrastructure team for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Sqoop, Rest API. file based and Kafka
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.