Mainframe HW Engineer
- Source Technology
We're looking for a Mainframe hardware engineer. In this role you have a challenging but interesting function.
Together with the other team members you are
- Responsible for planning, installation, configuration and maintenance of z/OS HW and all related peripherals
- Responsible for the realization of technical z/OS HW-related projects
- Responsible for problem management and problem determination of HW-related components and products
- Responsible for microcode planning and management
- Responsible to keep all documentations current
- Expected to do 7x24 3rd level engineering support according to the on-call plan
You'll be working in the Mainframe hardware engineering team in either Zurich or Basel. We are responsible to provide all Mainframe hardware and corresponding peripherals. We are a small team with a lot of experience and expertise. We support each other to provide the best results for the bank.
- Expert skills in z/OS operating systems architecture, design & implementation.
- At least 3-5 years of working experience in the area of z/OS Mainframe areal
- Self-motivated technical oriented person to serve and support the customer
- Able to work close together with external vendors
- Team Player, initiative and customer oriented thinking, must perform independently, self-starter
- Good English knowledge is mandatory
- Willing to cover 7x24x365 On-Call 3rd Level Engineering Support and to work sporadically on Weekends