Lab Associate - QC Cell Substrate Analytics
- Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switz
For our client in Basel we are looking for Lab Associate - QC Cell Substrate Analytics for one-year project.
Job Title: Lab Associate - QC Cell Substrate Analytics
Duration: 01.01.2020 - 15.12.2020
Lab associate within the Cell Substrate Analytics team in Technical Development Quality Control. Performs scientific experiments for the molecular characterization of Cell Banks used for the manufacturing of Biopharmaceuticals. Use molecular biological test methods (eg Sequencing, Northern Blot, Southern Blot, qPCR) for the characterization of production cell lines and derived cell banks for release testing following cGMP requirements. Author of GMP relevant documents (eg Laboratory datasheets, SOPs or other Working Procedures, qualification reports for equipment, etc.). Prepares analytical data packages to release materials as described in corresponding SOPs. Participates to the qualification and maintenance of instruments under GMP; approval of qualification documents as applicable.
- Plan, organize, perform and document scientific experiments under moderate supervision; utilize special equipment or specialized facilities under moderate supervision
- Work according to appropriate standards as defined in Quality Manual, SOPs, ethical, health, safety, environment (HSE), and information security (ISEC) guidelines
- Provide documentation of raw data, evaluate and interpret results obtained for advanced but established methods or procedures. Review and verify raw data generated by others
- Write protocols, reports or lab procedures based on templates under moderate supervision
- Contribute to development of new methods or optimize existing methods
- Recognize, communicate and provide input to the solution of complex problems (eg deviations and unexpected results from experiments); address and solve problems within own area of responsibility.
- Manage operational aspects in lab:
- Take over responsibility for complex equipment; schedule and perform maintenance and qualification of instruments/equipment
- Keep record of chemicals, intermediates, standards or consumables
- Perform information searches under moderate guidance. Actively participate in knowledge exchange. Train and coach technicians, temporary employees and employees under training/education.
- Contribute to the evaluation of new lab equipment.
- Master or Bachelor of Science or Technical education with 2 years relevant experience or Apprenticeship with 4 years relevant experience in industry or equivalent.
- Awareness for safe handling of chemicals, potentially dangerous materials and equipment.
- Adequate theoretical and scientific knowledge in the relevant area (eg manufacturing, analytical, pharmaceutical)
- Good practical knowledge of laboratory and/or technical tools.
- Adequate knowledge of software and computer tools.
- Fluent in local site-language. Adequate knowledge of English (oral and written).
- Good documentation skills
- Basic presentation skills
For further details please contact Aleksandra Kalicka:
e-mail: (see below)