|Beschreibung: || Automation Engineer
|Stadt: ||Schweiz |
|Firma: ||Computer Futures - London & S.E( - Firma bewerten
|Datum: ||2017-12-15 |
Beschäftigung: bis 100% -
Salär: zu verhandeln CHF -
- The Automation Engineer is responsible to quickly and accurately analyze and understand the automation needs, create a technical solution based upon deep technology expertise, industry knowledge, automation experience and creative, collaborative thinking.
- This role is responsible for defining and designing solutions, documenting and communicating these solutions and building consensus around the solution.
- This role requires technical expertise in multiple automation and management platforms such as: Chef, Puppet, vRealize Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), Solarwinds, Elasticsearch Logstash Kibana (ELK).
Develop automated workflows for the Informatics infrastructure
- Based upon experience and industry knowledge, the Automation Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio of automation tools leveraging several technologies, primarily vRA, vRO and Chef.
- The Automation Engineer is responsible to align the technology solutions with business requirements to ensure customer success.
Provide technical/industry knowledge to guide solution development
- The Automation Engineer should have experience building and deploying automated solutions.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of the IT industry and different technical solutions.
- Manage technical evaluations, POCs and make technology recommendations
Provide technical leadership
- Provide technical leadership to other development teams to build collaborative solutions.
Effectively Analyze Technical Problems
- Effectively gather requirements from all appropriate sources
- Analyze existing solutions to understand existing performance and functionality
- Develop clear and accurate documentation of the existing solutions and requirements
Develop Technical Solutions
- Develop technical solutions that meet the customer requirements, meet security baselines, are cost effective, align with our overall technical roadmap, and integrate well with the existing infrastructure
- Document technical solutions, drive consensus around these with effective communication and outreach.
- Help develop project schedules and budgets
- Minimum 5 years' working experience in any of the following roles
- Systems Engineer or Architect
- Systems Automation/Tools Developer/DevOps Engineer
- Cloud/Virtualization Engineer
- Minimum 3 Years developing technical solutions for automation
- Expertise with the following technology areas (must have):
- Virtualization: VMware, ESX, vCOPS
- Automation: vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator, Chef, Jenkins
- Experience with the following (should have)
- Cloud technologies: AWS components
- Management: Solarwinds, ELK,
- Operating systems: Linux (RHEL/CentOS), Windows Server
- Utilities and Tools: DNS, LDAP, AD, Kickstart, YUM, Bitbucket, Git, IPAM (Infoblox)
- Experienced working on cross-functional teams/projects (on time, on spec, on quality and on budget)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to peers
- Strong hands-on personality, results-oriented, pragmatic, high quality standards, ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented, thorough, complete
- Experience in delivering large scale, secure and reliable services
- Experience with FOSS software solutions and integrating open source software.
- Willing to travel (globally)
- Fluency in English (knowledge of additional languages is an advantage)
- Scientific Background in Biology, Chemistry will be an advantage
- Experience in other Pharmaceutical, Academic or Biotech company will be an advantage
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.