Senior System Administrator (Infrastructure) - Linux HPC/DevOps , Schweiz ITech ConsultHELP
Kontakt: Senior System Administrator (Infrastructure) - Linux HPC/DevOps
|Beschreibung:||Senior System Administrator (Infrastructure) - Linux HPC/DevOps|
|Firma:||ITech Consult - Firma bewerten|
|Salär:||zu verhandeln CHF - 40 Std/Woche|
Tasks: Senior System Administrator (Infrastructure) - Linux HPC/DevOps
Senior System Administrator (Infrastructure) - Linux HPC/DevOps/Cloud
The position involves working with scientists on Linux application needs and translating this to core infrastructure needs provided in partnership with our service providers.
Our client is looking for the candidates with strong knowledge of Linux system administration, scientific application build and tuning, high performance compute/storage systems, cloud technologies, Scripting and a DevOps approach to platform.
-Support an HPC migration project moving workloads to shared platforms including on premise HPC, container orchestration platform (k8s) and public cloud offerings.
-Contribute to HPC/Scientific workflow and job submission optimization activities.
-Experience giving training courses and developing material on complex applications and platforms
-Work with operational team on delivery/support of the scientific Linux application environment
-At least 3 years of administering Linux HPC environments.
-Experience of Linux build and packaging tools (Make, CMake, Easybuild, RPM, Yum).
-Proven experience working with installing and configuring scientific applications particularly on a Linux/Unix platform, examples: Schrodinger, Moe, Bowtie, Gromacs, R, Python, Matlab, Topspin, Pipeline Pilot.
-DevOps approach: configuration management (eg puppet), automated build/release test & deployment (eg jenkins, git).
-Cloud technologies, infrastructure/platform as a service, AWS, Google, Azure.
-Experience in fast changing environments where solutions are deployed and retired at high pace.
-Problem solving attitude.
-Senior level technical operational skills, such as troubleshooting, capacity planning, and root cause analysis.
-Writing application and platform documentation.
-Performing platform and application benchmarking.
-User training and education experience.
-Excellent customer orientation and delivery focus with good end user perspective.
-Scientific knowledge or awareness - bioinformatics, cheminformatics, life sciences.
-Good communication and interpersonal skills.
-Ability to work effectively within a team, including virtual teams.
-Clear goal orientation and supportive of change.
-Proactivity, with a clear ability to think beyond boundaries, take controlled risks and assume responsibilities.
-Desirable understanding of Computer Systems Validation and ITIL concepts.
-Experience in a global organization, working in an international and multicultural environment is considered a valuable asset.
-Active open source contributor.
Nice to Have:
-Experience working with Parallel Filesystem (eg Lustre, GPFS) and Scale-out NAS (eg Isilon).
-Understanding of object storage, S3, swift.
-Workload management, queue configuration (eg SLURM, LSF, Torque).
-Virtualization and containerisation awareness, tools including kubernetes, docker, singularity.
-Knowledge of parallel programming techniques and tuning, openmp, mpi.
-Knowledge of HPC cluster build and management tools (eg bright, xcat).
-Knowledge of HPC infrastructure components, infiniband networking, GPUs.
-Scripting: Shell, python, Perl.
-Big Data frameworks (eg Hadoop, Mapreduce, Spark).
-Monitoring tools/frameworks (eg nagios, ganglia, elk).
-Programming skills in high level languages such as Java or C++.
-Professional Linux/Unix Certifications.
* German - Nice to Have.
* English - Fluent.
Reference No.: 918797NC
Role: Senior System Administrator (Infrastructure)- Linux HPC/DevOps/Cloud
Location: Basel Und Region
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV.
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2008 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.
Andere Job Angebote
- Privatkundenberater/-inUBS Switzerland AG
- Dipl. Pflegefachfrau/-mann, 50-100%Siloah AG
- Verkaufsberater/-in, Spielwaren und Kindertextil, bis 8 Std./WocheCoop City
- Vollzeitstelle: Apple - Specialist (m/w)Apple Store
- Buchhalter/-in, 60%Leica Geosystems AG
- Lehrstelle 2020: GebÃ¤udetechnikplaner/-in EFZ - Fachrichtung LÃ¼ftungENGIE Services AG
- (Lead) AI Engineer, Machine Learning / Deep Learning / Natural Language ProcessingAccenture AG
- Sozialarbeiterin/Sozialarbeiter, 60-70%Stadtverwaltung
- Process Control Engineer (m/f)DSM Nutritional Products AG
- Sachbearbeiter/-in SekretariatRenus Treuhand & Immobilien GmbH
- Noise Vibration Engineer NvhAltran AG
- Mitarbeiter/-in, Category ManagementHG Commerciale
- SozialpÃ¤dagoge/-in, IntensivbetreuungStiftung FARO
- Elektroinstallateur/-inDelag elektr. Anlagen AG
- Servicetechniker (m/w) für SicherheitsanlagenAnliker Alarm AG
- Kundenberater/-in, Private BankingAargauische Kantonalbank
- Mitarbeiter (w/m), QS-ProduktionStadler Rheintal AG
- Senior BIM Modellierer/-inHilti AG
- Pflegefachfrau/-mann, Allgemeinpsychiatr. StationSanatorium Kilchberg AG
- Permuteur (w/m)dormakaba Schweiz AG