Scientific Associate I, Genotyping and Cryopreservation , Schweiz Harvey Nash IT Recruitment SwitzHELP
Kontakt: Scientific Associate I, Genotyping and Cryopreservation
|Beschreibung:||Scientific Associate I, Genotyping and Cryopreservation|
|Firma:||Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switz - Firma bewerten|
|Salär:||zu verhandeln CHF - 40 Std/Woche|
Tasks: Scientific Associate I, Genotyping and Cryopreservation
Only English-written CVs will be accepted.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
For our client in Basel we are looking for a Scientific Associate I, Genotyping and Cryopreservation for a 5-month contract.
Duration: 5 months
Possible extension: up to 18 months
Start date: ASAP End date: 08.03.2021
To conduct genotyping analysis of genetically modified mouse lines housed in our breeding facility and to perform cryopreservation/re-vitalization of genetically modified mouse lines. Project-based support of initial genetic characterization of newly generated mouse lines, thus contributing to in vivo research in various research areas within the company's Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR).
- Planning and execution of experiments to determine the genotype of genetically modified mice according to established protocols.
- Performing embryo freezing, sperm freezing and in vitro fertilization (IVF) experiments (including in vivo work) according to established protocols.
- Conduct experiments to genetically characterize newly generated mouse lines according to established protocols.
- Contribute to the implementation and set-up/design of new experimental methods in genetic characterization.
- Ensuring accurate documentation and reporting of generated data.
- General organization and maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure (eg ordering of consumables, ensuring periodic maintenance of laboratory equipment).
- Focus on the success of the whole Transgenic Services group, delivering state-of-the-art in vitro/in vivo work and showing willingness to support, with high flexibility, other activities of the unit.
Biological technical assistant/Bachelor's degree in life sciences
Fluent in German and/or English
Two or more years of experience in molecular biology and in vivo work, preferably in the areas of genotyping and mouse model preservation
Molecular biology skills:
- Experience in designing and setting up specific PCR protocols that allow unambiguous determination of mouse genotypes
- Experience in qPCR methods (SYBR, Taqman, ddPCR) and NGS library preparation is a plus Cryopreservation/In vivo skills:
- Experience embryo/sperm freezing and in vitro fertilization (IVF) experiments (including in vivo work)
- LTK1 certification
Scientific background in mouse model generation:
- Working knowledge of mouse model types, transgene structures and strategies (eg inducible KO), Mendelian genetics
- Theoretical knowledge about the process of transgenic and knockout mouse generation would be helpful to understand experiments for genetic characterization of newly generated or imported mouse lines
- Experience with ordering processes and logistics
- Ordering of laboratory consumables using e-Shop or alternative tools
Values and Behaviours:
- Innovation: Willingness to stay up to date with current scientific and/or technological developments. Challenges processes for achieving high quality results.
- Quality: Strong perception of the responsibility and necessity to deliver high quality results. Ability to stay focused and precise during repetitive work.
- Collaboration: Proactive, professional and respectful approach towards all colleagues and clients. Good level of communication and networking. Understands significance and meaning of working in a service-oriented lab.
- Performance: High level of motivation. Interest in understanding the science for an optimal collaboration with project teams and for the best implementation of new technologies. Demonstrates a high degree of flexibility and teamwork. Achieves a high degree of working independently
- Courage & Integrity: Demonstrates accountability for her/his own actions and feels responsible to contribute to the success of the unit within NIBR/NVS. Addresses issues openly and without hesitation.
We offer you a competitive salary and an interesting challenge in a well named company which will benefit your career.
If you are the person we're looking for please submit your application. We're looking forward to getting to know you.
Andere Job Angebote
- E-Payment Consultant (m/w), RetailDatatrans AG
- Fachpsychologe/-in, Psychotherapie oder Rechtspsychologie, 50%Massnahmenzentrum Kalchrain
- Aushilfe als Verkausberater/-in in ZooHORNBACH Baumarkt AG
- Leiter (w/m) im Bereich Maintenance in der IndustrieFeller AG
- Logistiker/-in, 80-100%Schul- und Sportdepartement ZH
- Applikation System Spezialist/-inDie Mobiliar
- Lehrstelle 2019: LÃ¼ftungsanlagenbauerBouygues Energies & Services InT
- Lehrstelle 2019: StrassenbauTozzo AG
- Automatiker (m/w)Wilhelm Schmidlin AG
- Berater/-in, PrivatkundenRegiobank Solothurn AG
- Stage en Content creationPropTech Partners SA
- Mitarbeiterin Hauswirtschaft, sehr flexibel einsetzbar mit guten Deutschkenntnissen (m/w) , 30%Zuger Kantonsspital AG
- Sport Leader / Verkaufsberater (m/w), 20%Decathlon St. Gallen
- Metallbaukonstrukteur / Projektleiter (m/w)WÃ¼st Metallbau AG
- Fachspezialist/-in DidaktikSwiss Post Solutions AG
- ElektroinstallateurElektro Jung AG
- Automation Engineer Machine Development HMIAltran AG
- Telematik-Installateur (m/w)Caviezel AG
- HMS Â– Praktikant/-inSonova AG
- Lehrstelle 2020: Kauffrau/Kaufmann, Profil E / MDie Mobiliar