|Beschreibung: || Senior Automation Engineer - Chef/Puppet/vRA/vRO/ELK
|Stadt: ||Schweiz |
|Firma: ||Sentinel IT LLP - Firma bewerten
|Datum: ||2017-12-15 |
Beschäftigung: bis 100% -
Salär: zu verhandeln CHF -
Senior Automation Engineer - Chef/Puppet/vRA/vRO/ELK
Leading global pharmaceutical require a Senior Automation Engineer with experience in multiple automation and management platforms such as Chef, Puppet, vRA, vRO, ELK Solarwinds etc. for a long-term contract in Basel.
* The Automation Engineer is responsible to quickly and accurately analyze and understand the automation needs, create a technical solution based upon deep technology expertise, industry knowledge, automation experience and creative, collaborative thinking.
* This role is responsible for defining and designing solutions, documenting and communicating these solutions and building consensus around the solution.
* This role requires technical expertise in multiple automation and management platforms such as: Chef, Puppet, vRealize Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), Solarwinds, Elasticsearch Logstash Kibana (ELK).
Develop automated workflows for the Informatics infrastructure
* Based upon experience and industry knowledge, the Automation Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio of automation tools leveraging several technologies, primarily vRA, vRO and Chef.
* The Automation Engineer is responsible to align the technology solutions with business requirements to ensure customer success.
Provide technical/industry knowledge to guide solution development
* The Automation Engineer should have experience building and deploying automated solutions.
* Responsible for maintaining knowledge of the IT industry and different technical solutions.
* Manage technical evaluations, POCs and make technology recommendations
Provide technical leadership
* Provide technical leadership to other development teams to build collaborative solutions.
Effectively Analyze Technical Problems
* Effectively gather requirements from all appropriate sources
* Analyze existing solutions to understand existing performance and functionality
* Develop clear and accurate documentation of the existing solutions and requirements
Develop Technical Solutions
* Develop technical solutions that meet the customer requirements, meet security baselines, are cost effective, align with our overall technical roadmap, and integrate well with the existing infrastructure
* Document technical solutions, drive consensus around these with effective communication and outreach.
* Help develop project schedules and budgets
* Minimum 5 years' working experience in any of the following roles
o Systems Engineer or Architect
o Systems Automation/Tools Developer/DevOps Engineer
o Cloud/Virtualization Engineer
* Minimum 3 Years developing technical solutions for automation
* Expertise with the following technology areas (must have):
o Virtualization: VMware, ESX, vCOPS
o Automation: vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator, Chef, Jenkins
* Experience with the following (should have)
o Cloud technologies: AWS components
o Management: Solarwinds, ELK,
o Operating systems: Linux (RHEL/CentOS), Windows Server
o Utilities and Tools: DNS, LDAP, AD, Kickstart, YUM, Bitbucket, Git, IPAM (Infoblox)
* Experienced working on cross-functional teams/projects (on time, on spec, on quality and on budget)
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to peers
* Strong hands-on personality, results-oriented, pragmatic, high quality standards, ability to multi-task
* Detail oriented, thorough, complete
* Experience in delivering large scale, secure and reliable services
* Experience with FOSS software solutions and integrating open source software.
* Willing to travel (globally)
* Fluency in English (knowledge of additional languages is an advantage)
* Scientific Background in Biology, Chemistry will be an advantage
* Experience in other Pharmaceutical, Academic or Biotech company will be an advantage
Please apply now for more details!