|Beschreibung: || Principal Software Engineer/DevOps Engineer
|Stadt: ||Schweiz |
|Firma: ||Edelway - Firma bewerten
|Datum: ||2017-12-11 |
Beschäftigung: bis 100% -
Salär: zu verhandeln CHF -
Edelway is a Swiss IT and Pharma professional services company.
We are actively looking for a Principal Software Engineer/DevOps Engineer to join our global pharmaceutical client in Basel, Switzerland.
Principal Software Engineer/DevOps Engineer
Work on a team responsible for all aspects of providing and automating the software development tool chain. Support a culture and environment, where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and reliably. Serve as a change champion in the adoption of new ways and tools to build, release and manage software.
Activities will include maintenance and operation of CI/CD pipeline software, creating self-service and automated tools and testing, coordination with the cloud team to maintain best practices, instantiation of automation scripts, and working with Software Engineering teams to promote DevOps practices and principles. Provide on-site operational user support for AWS and DevOps platforms and tools, including design and consulting support.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will thrive working within a fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere.
* 4+ years software development and/or DevOps experience
* Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration, including experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, etc.
* Hands on experience with infrastructure tools such as AWS, VMware, Docker, and Vagrant
* Strong understanding of, and practical experience with, Java web application development
* Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset including Jira and Confluence or similar tools
* Knowledge of APIs, RESTful services and how they can be used to integrate with AWS
* Comfortable with working in both Linux (RHEL and CentOS) and Windows environments
* Experience with Scripting in Jenkins, Chef, CloudFormation, Puppet, Ancible, TerraForm, or other similar products
* Experience working with version control software, particularly Git and SVN
* Programming experience in Ruby, Python or Java with software design skills, as well as with current best practices and methodologies (eg Agile)
* Familiarity with Software Security and Compliance
* Knowledge of IP Networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and Firewall
* Able to maintain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders in scientific, development and operations communities
Nice to Have's:
* AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
* Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
* Experience with Agile development methodology
* Experience with full-stack development